Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Zoe in Wonderland

A few weeks ago I stepped into a Goodwill store for the first time and it changed my life. I had attempted thrifting before, but I always ended up breaking out in heaves the moment I stepped foot inside. All the second hand stores I had ever been to were dusty, dingy and gave me the heebie-jeebies. Goodwill was clean, well organized, and had an amazing selection of Halloween costumes. I found an old vintage gown that I thought would be great for an Alice in Wonderland costume, and get this, it was only $3!! I snatched it up even though it was a few sizes too big. I enlisted my Mother-in-law's help and had her alter the dress to fit Zo. She even sewed a little apron on the front to give it that classic alice look. I ended up finding a cute little tea set, and just knew I had to have a mini photo-shoot. Off to the forest preserve we went, and we actually managed to get a pretty cute background going. We spray painted a few frames, hung them on trees along with a clock and a mad hatter inspired hat. The whole thing, costume included, cost us no more than $25! I am getting pretty good at this being thrifty thing, and I like it! Here are some of my faves:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment